We have been notified of the following residential planning applications in the Parish:
TWC/2018/0708 Land adjacent to Brook Lodge, Arleston Lane, Arleston TF1 2LA. Erection of a dwelling and detached garage with associated landscaping (part retrospective).
TWC/2018/0721 4 Old Coppice Grange, Old Park TF3 4TL. Erection of a single storey rear extension (retrospective).
Further details can be found by entering the full reference number into the link to Telford & Wrekin Council’s Planning website on our main Planning page.
The Parish Council have been made aware of a Planning Application lodged by Euro Car Parks to install ANPR cameras and a Pay and Display system on the car park adjacent to Morrisons.
We will be objecting to the application as the Parish has serious concerns about the impact this will have on local retailers in Lawley Square and the knock on effect of people avoiding the parking charges by parking on Birchfield Way.
If residents wish to comment on the application they can access the details using the following link:
Responses should be made by 20th September.
The Parish Council are pleased to announce that after more than 18 months of campaigning for a better pavement on the Dawley Road we have been informed that Telford and Wrekin Council have agreed to undertake the necessary work to stabilise the bank, remove overgrowth and resurface the path. Since the removal of the direct bus service from Lawley to Wellington school children and residents have been forced to use the narrow overgrown path, next to a very busy road with a 50mph speed limit.
Cllr. Jayne Greenaway, Chair of the Parish Council said “ We are delighted that this work is finally going to be carried out, especially as the change in School catchment areas mean that over 60 children from Lawley will be attending Ercall Wood School in Wellington from next term. The removal of the direct bus service to Wellington has left residents with little choice other than to walk down the Dawley Road footpath which is currently not fit for purpose.”
Unfortunately, the work will not take place in time for the start of the new term but we have been assured that it will be completed by the end of December. Further details will be provided when the Parish are notified of the timescales for the work.
Work was completed in the following areas
- Litter picked in Lawley Community Garden
- Litter picked at Lawley Village Green
- Blew the path clear of debris from Bartholomew Road to Lawley Village Green
- cut back brambles off path edge on the Public Right of Way from Rock Road to the Ironbridge Way
- cut back overhanging branches from the path on Ironbridge Way at Newdale
- removed a fly tipped bag of household rubbish from the grass verge on Old Park Way
- dead headed the roses at the Community Garden
- strimmed the path and blew the steps clear of debris off Ironbridge Way
- strimmed around the handrail and blew clear of debris at Princes End
- pruned the hedgerow at St Heliers
- Pruned around the handrail and improved the sight line from Avondale onto Station Road
- pruned overhang off the cemetery wall
- watered the raised beds at the Community Garden
- Pruned bridge entrance to Community Garden
- Hard pruned the holly from the path edge in the Community Garden
- Strimmed, litter picked and blew clear of debris the footpath at the side of Lawley Primary School
- two small fly tips removed from the Dawley Road end of Ironbridge Way
- returned a number of large rolls of industrial plastic sheeting stolen from the building site off Lawley Drive and dumped on the Ironbridge Way
Work was completed in the following areas:
- removed a fly tipped chair from Lawley Pond
- cut off a broken tree branch near Clips Moor
- cut back brambles in the Lawley Community Garden
- removed an abandoned shopping trolley on Lawley Drive footpath
- cut back brambles from around the fence at Newdale School
- cut back brambles from the footpath at Lawley Drive
- strimmed and litter picked around the bus stops on Station Road
- strimmed and blew clear debris from the Public Right of Way off Station Road
- blew the paths clear of debris and removed a broken branch from the Community Garden
- strimmed and sprayed the path edges from the end of Park Road to Cemetery Road
- strimmed around the road sign on Ladygrove
- strimmed around the railings and cut off a broken branch on the St Helier side of West Centre Way footbridge
- strimmed around the bridleway off Gresham Drive
- removed overhang from around Lawley Village Green pond
- pruned a wild rose overhanging the footpath at the rear of Newdale School
- cut back brambles from the footpath at Marlborough Way towards Overdale traffic lights
- pruned around the road sign at Delamere Close
- cut back brambles from the footpath from Newdale to the Rock
- cut back brambles from the Public Right of Way at the rear of Charlecote Park
- Cut back brambles from the alleyway at the rear of Grove Road
- Removed wood from the road at Lawley Drive main traffic lights
- Pruned low branches from the footpath at Milners Lane
- Removed a fallen branch from the road at Old Park Way
- litter picked around the pond at Old Park
- removed a small fly tip from the steps at Acer Close green space
- cut back overhang from the footpath at Arleston Lane towards the footbridge
- removed overhang from the footpath off Teawell Close