During this week the following work was completed:
- pruning and cutting back gorse along the footpath on land off Acer Close
- cutting back shrubs along Bellpit Lane to improve sight lines for motorists and pedestrians
- strimming and pruning along Station Road and around Avondale
- removing a small fly tip from Colliers Way
During this week the following work was carried out:
- The entrance to Overdale was pruned and tidied up
- overhanging trees were cut back on Martingale Circle
- low hanging branches were pruned between Yew Tree Moor and the footbridge
- litter picking around Dawley Bank and the removal of a small fly tip
During this week work was completed in:
- The Rock: strimming on the footpath from Bellpit Playing Field and scraping back moss and grass (see pictures below); cutting overhang from the footpath behind Acer Close and towards Bellpit Playing Fields, pruning around The Brambles
- Overdale: strimming around Cedar Close; pruning and scraping moss from the footpath between Cedar Close and The Rock; strimming and pruning the bridleway behind Grove Road to the motorway bridge.
The PET Team also removed 2 fly tips from the car park behind Lawley Playing Fields and one from Cemetery Road in Dawley Bank.
Before and After pictures from work at The Rock below:
The Parish Environmental Team have been busy again making sure that walkers can enjoy using the Wrekin Trundle without having to battle against the long grass and weeds.
Work will be carried out in the following areas this week:
- Strimming and tidying the footpaths around St Helier and the footbridge across West Centre Way
- Strimming along Rock Road towards Newdale school
- Strimming along Station Road
- Litter picking and strimming on Overdale