Please be aware that in the last couple of days, a house in The Rock area was burgled.
The house was ransacked and a number of items taken. This has caused great distress to the family concerned. If you have any information please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Take the following simple steps to make sure your property is less vulnerable to burglars and you can enjoy your time away with peace of mind:
- Let a neighbour or friend know that you’re going away.
- Arrange for them to check on your house – collect mail, open / close curtains.
- Use timer switches/sensors to turn lights on in the evenings while you are out
- Invest in external lighting
- Mark your belongings with your postcode and house number – go to www.immobilise.com for more information about how to register your property and protect it.
- If you have an alarm, set it when you leave the house.
- Remember to cancel your milk and newspapers
- Encourage a neighbour to park on your drive.