APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – THANK YOU FOR THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST RECEIVED
We currently have 2 Parish Councillor vacancies to fill so if you are interested in being considered please read the attached information regarding application
WE NEED YOU!
We currently have 2 vacancies.
We are looking for 2 people to join the Parish Council
If you are interested in applying for one of the vacancies, please write a letter of interest and send to:
Sharon George, Parish Clerk,
Lawley & Overdale Parish Council,
Unit 2 West Centre Way, Lawley TF3 5HT
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your reasons for wishing to be a councillor, details of any previous council or community work, any other skills you can bring to the Council, your interests and recent career history.
Am I eligible to be a Parish Councillor?
To stand for election on a parish council, you must:
- be a UK or commonwealth citizen, or;
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or;
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union;
- be a least 18 years old.
To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish, or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
- during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications will need to be received by Wednesday 30th April 2014 for members to consider them at the next Full Council meeting on 6th May 2014
If you require any further information please contact Sharon George, Clerk to the Council, at the address above or 01952 507865