WE NEED YOU!
We currently have a vacancy for a Parish Councillor- This will be for an initial 6 month term due to the local Council elections in May 2015
If you are interested in applying for the vacancy, please write a letter of interest and send to:
Sharon George, Parish Clerk,
Lawley & Overdale Parish Council,
Unit 2 West Centre Way, Lawley TF3 5HT
or email to email@example.com
Please include your reasons for wishing to be a councillor, details of any previous council or community work, any other skills you can bring to the Council, your interests and recent career history.
Am I eligible to be a Parish Councillor?
To stand for election on a parish council, you must:
- be a UK or commonwealth citizen, or;
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or;
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union;
- be a least 18 years old.
To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish, or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
- during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications will need to be received by Monday 3rd November 2014 for members to consider them at the next Full Council meeting on Tuesday 4th November 2014
If you require any further information please contact Sharon George, Clerk to the Council, at the address/email above or 01952 507865