WE NEED YOU!
We currently have 1 vacancy.
We are looking for a person to join the Parish Council
If you are interested in applying for the vacancy, please submit a letter of interest and send to:
Sharon George, Parish Clerk,
Lawley & Overdale Parish Council,
Leonard Smith House, Unit 2 West Centre Way, Lawley TF3 5HT
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your reasons for wishing to be a councillor, details of any previous council or community work, any other skills you can bring to the Council, your interests and recent career history.
Am I eligible to be a Parish Councillor?
To stand for election/Co-option on a parish council, you must:
- be a UK or commonwealth citizen, or;
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or;
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union;
- be a least 18 years old.
To be eligible to stand for election/Co-option for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish, or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
- during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications will need to be received by end of January 2018 for members to consider them. You will be invited to attend for an ‘interview’ on a date to be advised once agreed by Councillors
If you require any further information please contact Sharon George, Clerk to the Council, at the address above or 01952 507865