With many people staying at home due to the lockdown, fire safety at home is more important than ever. The National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) and Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service have released a leaflet full of tips on how to stay safe.
The advice includes:
- Don’t leave pans unattended while cooking, and never leave children and pets in the kitchen alone.
- Have a smoke alarm on every level of your house, and ensure that they are working.
- Don’t overload electrical sockets.
- Don’t smoke in bed; use a proper ashtray and ensure that cigarettes are properly extinguished.
- Plan your escape routes and keep exits clear of obstacles.
Download the leaflet below for more important safety tips.