Telford & Wrekin Council issued a coronavirus update on 7 August, reflecting a change in the law on where you have to wear facemasks.
From 8 August, the places where you will have to wear a face covering will be expanded to include:
- funeral directors
- premises providing professional, legal or financial services
- bingo halls
- concert halls
- museums, galleries, aquariums, indoor zoos or visitor farms, or other indoor tourist, heritage or cultural sites.
- nail, beauty, hair salons and barbers – other than where necessary to remove for treatments
- massage centres
- public areas in hotels and hostels
- place of worship
- libraries and public reading rooms
- community centres
- social clubs
- tattoo and piercing parlours
- indoor entertainment venues (amusement arcades, funfairs, adventure activities e.g. laser quest, go-karting, escape rooms, heritage sites etc)
- storage and distribution facilities
- veterinary services.
- auction houses
Play your part in tackling the virus
With hot and sunny weather this weekend, we want you to enjoy our outdoor open spaces and support our local businesses.
It’s important that, whatever you do, you do it safely:
- Keep your distance from other people
- Wear a face covering whenever possible (note the change in the law above)
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- Take hand sanitiser with you.
- Don’t forget the sun cream (and a hat)!