The Healthy Lifestyles team provides a free personal service to Telford & Wrekin residents by helping to improve their mental health and well being. They can help motivate you to obtain your goal, and can provide encouragement and support to enable you to make the changes that you want to achieve.
The Healthy Lifestyles service can offer six 1-2-1 sessions over a 12 week period and provide support in the following areas:
- healthy eating
- weight management
- physical activity
- smoking cessation and
- emotional health and wellbeing.
The team of advisors work very closely within the community and are able to connect residents with a variety of ongoing support mechanisms within their local area.
The service is available to anyone who lives or works within the Telford & Wrekin area, including:
- adults (16+) – who are looking to become healthier by changing their lifestyle
- children and families – advice and support to families wanting to improve their lifestyles, by losing weight or to become more active
- pregnant ladies – support throughout pregnancy with achieving healthy weight gain and a general healthy lifestyle
- quit smoking – anyone aged 12 years or older who want to quit smoking can access a 12-week stop smoking service. This can also include licensed medication and behavioural change support.
The service is completely free and confidential.
To make an appointment
Appointments are available throughout the week , including out of hours and on Saturday mornings.
To make an appointment please visit Telford & Wrekin Council Healthy Lifestyles Service
The team can also be contacted by telephone on 01952 382582 or by email at email@example.com