The recently opened Independent Living Centre located at Telford Town Centre, has been launched to provide residents within Telford and Wrekin access to advice and equipment to enable them to remain as independent as possible in both the home and community.
The Independent Living Centre is part of the Council’s wider strategy of supporting people to keep well and independent in their own homes, to make informed choices about their own care and positively contribute to their local communities.
Residents are invited to visit the store to trial the various gadgets and equipment to help maintain their independence. Members of staff are also available to discuss and provide advice on a wide range of issues, including support for family members.
The Independent Living Centre is offering a wide range of events over the summer such as:
- drop in sessions every Wednesday from 9:00am – 4:00pm to discuss sensory loss with an experienced member of the team
- on the last Monday of the month there will be a support session for anyone with autism who wants to have a chat about the services that may be available to them
- on 12th and 26 August and 9th September a Preparation for Adulthood event will be taking place for young people aged 13 – 19 years of age with Autism or special education needs to discuss future options involving employment, independent living, community inclusion and health.
There is no need to register for the events, simply turn up and have a chat to one of the centre’s advisors.
For further details on the services that are available visit Live Well Telford – Independent Living Centre.
Opening times, location and contact details
The Independent Living Centre is open from 10:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, with late night opening until 6:00pm on Thursday’s.
It is located at 3A Hazeldine House, Telford Town Centre, TF3 4JL.
- Telephone 01952 457181
- Mobile Text SMS for people who are deaf or hard of hearing on 07797 875385
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org