Police advice on drink spiking

West Mercia Police has released advice and guidance on how to spot and deal with drink spiking, following a spate of increased reports.

The police announcement is reproduced below:

There have been many reports in the news across the country regarding ‘drink spiking’ in pubs and clubs.

West Mercia Police has therefore released the following information for anyone who may have concerns about the issue …

West Mercia Police continues to take a proactive approach to prevent incidents of spiking and support victims.

Detective Superintendent Mo Lansdale said:

“Drink and drug spiking is a serious crime and any reports will be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

“We encourage anyone with any concerns to please get in touch with us.

“We remain focussed on preventing a range of offences connected with the night-time economy and are working closely with door staff, venues and partners in our communities.

“Designated officers carry out patrols across our region and anyone can approach them for advice and support.

“Please visit Drink Aware for advice and information on the symptoms of drink spiking and what to do if you think someone has been spiked.

“We provide full and confidential support to anyone who has been affected.”

Anyone with any concerns about an incident can call 101 or visit the West Mercia Police website.

Always dial 999 in an emergency.

If you have been affected by crime and need support, you can contact the Victim Advice Line.

It’s a free and confidential service for anyone who has been affected by crime and needs support.

Freephone: 0800 952 3000

Email: info@victimadviceline.org.uk

Web (including Live Chat): www.victimadviceline.org.uk

If you have information but don’t feel comfortable speaking to police, you can speak to the independent charity Crimestoppers. It is 100% anonymous, they never ask your name and they cannot trace your call or I.P address. You can visit crimestoppers-uk.org or call 0800 555 111.

Posted in News.