The global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is causing unprecedented disruption to normal British life.
From the nationwide lockdown to the suspension or alteration of many services, a lot is happening in a short space of time. Many people have questions or are unsure of what to do.
Lawley and Overdale Parish Council wants to try and help its residents through this time, so we are building this central coronavirus page. As well as national information, we are compiling information and links about local changes that you may need to know.
As per our office closure announcement, Lawley and Overdale Parish Council staff are currently working from home and the office is closed to all visitors. We are still available for contact through our usual channels, however, as are our councillors.
If you can’t find something you are looking for here, please get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to help you.
For the latest government bulletins, advice, and information on the outbreak, visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
January 2021 Update: England has entered a new national lockdown as of 5 January. Please see the Gov.uk website for information about the new restrictions.
As coronavirus infections rise nationwide, the government has implemented the ‘Rule of Six’. It restricts social gatherings from multiple households to a maximum of six people, outside of work and education settings. Find out more about the ‘Rule of Six’ on the gov.uk website.
In October the government introduced local COVID alerts, which rates areas either ‘Medium’, ‘High’, or ‘Very High’, with increasing restrictions for each rating. Find out more about the local COVID alerts system on the gov.uk website. Telford & Wrekin is currently rated ‘High’.
- Symptoms and what to do – Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS UK
- Advice for everyone – Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS UK
- Advice for people at higher risk – Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS UK
- Self-isolation if you or someone you know has symptoms – Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS UK
- Volunteer to help the NHS – NHS England
- Coronavirus vaccine research studies – NHS UK
UK Government information
Telford & Wrekin Council
- Coronavirus homepage – telford.gov.uk
- Staying safe in homes with shared facilities – advice for landlords (.pdf, 213 KB)
- Staying safe in homes with shared facilities – advice for tenants (.pdf, 212 KB)
- Community Support Request – Online form – telford.gov.uk
- Free school meals – telford.gov.uk
- Digital library – still open during lockdown – telford.gov.uk
- Household recycling centre opening restriction guidance – telford.gov.uk
- Community News – Funding – Telford & Wrekin Council (email bulletin hosted on Granicus)
- Discretionary Business Grant Fund – Telford & Wrekin Council (Newsroom 12th November)
- Number of Coronavirus cases in Telford & Wrekin week ending 30th August 2020
- Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses – Gov.uk
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits – understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk
- Apply for Universal Credit – Gov.uk
- If you can’t pay your bills because of coronavirus – Citizens Advice
- Coronavirus: what it means for rent, mortgages, savings, borrowing and benefits – Which.co.uk
- Grants and benefits to help you pay your energy bills – Citizens Advice
Mental health support
Lawley and Overdale Parish Council takes no responsibility for the content of external links.