Telford & Wrekin Council has issued a statement regarding free school meals around the borough during the coronavirus outbreak. The Council will be delivering packed lunches to children who are eligible for free school meals.
Read below to find out more about the scheme, if you are eligible, and if so how to apply.
As you may be aware we are delivering a packed lunch today to those children who are eligible for free school meals around the borough. Eligibility will be based in financial circumstances. This is NOT the Universal Free School Meals which many children have on a usual day if they are in reception, year 1 or year 2.
Parents can check if they are eligible here. This will be based on income.
To ensure the system runs as smoothly as possible we would like to remind people:
- Wait until 2.30pm to report if a meal has not been received.
- If you sent us a Facebook message, voicemail or email yesterday please note our team are picking these up you do not need to contact us again about the same issue.
- Report any new issues you may have (i.e. missing meal, change of address) via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with your name, the name of your child who is eligible, your telephone number and full address and your child’s age and school.
- If you do need to call us and you leave a voice mail please leave as much detail as possible so we can act quickly based on the information you have provided. We are trying to avoid making call backs where possible to save time.
- This is a momentous task delivering over 5,000 meals each day therefore we are not accepting menu or meal requests other than dietary requirements. Our priority is to ensure that all child who are entitled receive their food.
If your financial situation is changing and you feel you may now qualify for a free school meal based on your income you can read the criteria and apply here.