Telford and Wrekin Council have confirmed the number of Covid-19 cases within the borough for the week ending 19 July.
- 15 confirmed cases of Covid-19
- The average number of infections in the last week was higher to the West Midlands and England average
- There has now been a total of 621 confirmed cases in Telford and Wrekin since the outbreak began
There has been an increase in confirmed cases this week compared to last week.
All these cases have been traced back by council officers to an outbreak at Teagues Bridge Primary school, Oakengates.
This shows how important Test and Trace is in controlling outbreaks.
To help prevent the spread in Telford and Wrekin and make Test and Trace work it’s important that we all do our part:
- If you get any Coronavirus symptoms you must get tested – don’t delay, do it immediately.
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household have symptoms.
- If you are contacted by the Test and Trace team and asked to self-isolate because you have been in contact with someone with Coronavirus you must do so immediately.
More detail on the number of Coronavirus cases in Telford and Wrekin is available on our their website telford.gov.uk