Lawley and Overdale Parish Council
Winter 2020 Newsletter
- Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
- What did the other reindeer not let Rudolph do because of his shiny red nose?
- Where was baby Jesus born?
- What do people traditionally put on top of a Christmas tree?
- What words follow “Silent Night” in the song?
- In Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, what was the first name of Scrooge?
- What are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe?
- According to the song, what did my true love give to me on the eighth day of Christmas?
- Which real life person is Santa Claus based on?
- How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish?
- How many gifts in total were given in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
- Which Christmas song contains the lyric “Everyone dancing merrily in the new old fashioned way?
Christmas Quiz answers
- Join in any reindeer games
- An Angel
- Holy Night
- Eight maids a milking
- St Nicholas, a Christian bishop
- Feliz Navidad
- Rocking Around The Christmas Tree
Make sure you look out for the knitted Lawley Christmas Angels in the run up to Christmas!
Mini strawberry Santas
Mini Strawberry Santas – a no-cook recipe for children with a little help from an adult!
Ingredients for 16 Santas:
- 350g fresh strawberries
- 235ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
What to do:
- Slice the flat end of each strawberry so they can stand up on a plate. Slice the tip off each strawberry to make the ‘hat’; set aside.
- Whip cream and icing sugar in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your whisk straight up: the whipped cream will form soft mounds.
- Spoon a large dollop of whipped cream on top of strawberry base for the face’ and beard’. Set the ‘hat’ atop the ‘face’. Add a dot of whipped cream, using a toothpick, on top of the ‘hat’ for the ‘pom-pom’ and 2 dots on the strawberry base for ‘buttons’. Place 2 sprinkles on the ‘face’ for ‘eyes’.
While the children are making mini Strawberry Santas, adults could partake in a glass of Christmas CoCo Fizz!
Christmas CoCo Fizz
- 25ml coconut rum
- 50ml coconut water
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 50ml Prosecco
What reindeer has the worst manners?
What says “Oh Oh Oh”?
Santa walking backwards!
What do you get if you cross a Christmas tree with an iPad?
Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?
A mince spy!