Halloween is fast approaching. Whilst this may be fun for most of us, it can cause others concern and anxiety. We need to ensure that everyone remains safe.
We have put together some advice for trick or treating, and attached a poster that you may wish to display should you wish trick or treaters not to call at your home.
- Adults should always accompany children when trick or treating.
- Young people should never go trick or treating alone.
- Do not knock on the doors of strangers – only go to people you know.
- Never go into a stranger’s house.
- Always keep to well-lit areas. Wear bright clothing and always carry a
torch. Remember road safety.
- Unless pre-arranged, do not visit elderly members of the community.
- Be careful not to frighten vulnerable people.
- Keep your tricks within the law – anything that results in damage is an
offence and will be dealt with as such.
- Please do not knock on doors where there is a ‘No trick or treat sign’.
Your Safer Neighbourhood Policing team will be on patrol on 31st, and in the days before and after. We will be ensuring that everyone has a enjoyable and safe evening.
Lawley and Overdale Parish Council has copies of the below posters available to collect at the office.