Telford & Wrekin Council’s Community Services Team is offering its free two-day ‘Introduction to Youth Work’ course, and its one-day ‘Child Protection’ course, to local community and voluntary groups this June.
The Community Services Team is offering the Introduction to Youth Work course to community and voluntary groups. This is a two-day course that is free to volunteers who are leading and supporting youth work activities in Telford and Wrekin.
It’s an opportunity to develop skills in youth work, and share experiences and ideas with others in a similar role.
The course will look at the skills needed by youth workers, help participants understand the needs of young people and how they can meet them, as well as guidance for planning sessions.
The course will incorporate Child Protection Awareness Training. This training will enable volunteers to be able to:
- Recognise – the signs and symptoms of abuse and child protection concerns
- Respond – know how to respond when identifying child protection and safeguarding concerns
- Record – understand reporting procedures and importance of good reporting processes/GDPR/the Safeguarding Partnership Board and Family Connect
The training will also cover practitioners keeping themselves safe from allegations of abuse.
Volunteers can just attend the Child Protection session if they don’t require the Introduction to Youth Work training.
Details as follows
- The Introduction to Youth Work Course will run on Saturday 10 and Saturday 17 June 2023, from 10am – 4pm at Donnington Community Hub
- The Child Protection session runs on Saturday 17 June from 10am to 1pm at the above venue.
To book, please complete the online course booking form and specify which course you are booking on.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com