Residents are encouraged to take part in the Draft Local Plan Consultation, which sets out Telford & Wrekin Council’s plans for the whole of the Borough.
The Draft Local Plan Consultation is open now and will close at 5:00pm on Friday 12 January 2024.
The draft Plan sets out the council’s vision for the Borough, priorities for the plan, preferred policies and proposed housing and employment sites. This stage has been informed by the Issues and Options consultation which concluded in 2021.
Key priorities and objectives for the draft Plan include:
- tackling climate change and achieving carbon neutrality
- maximising inward investment and employment opportunities
- securing better homes for all
- improving health, wellbeing and tackling health inequalities
- protection and enhancement of green and natural environment
- delivering regeneration, renewal and stronger communities.
The consultation is your chance to have a say on proposals around climate change; supporting our Borough towns and local centres; employment and new homes across the Borough up until 2040.
How to take part in the consultation
There are various ways to provide your views and learn more about the Draft Local Plan.
- You can find information and make comments via Telford & Wrekin Local Plan Review
- Sign up to receive a dedicated newsletter on the Draft Local Plan and its progress
- Attend the resident engagement session on Thursday 7 December, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm at the Lawley Community Centre, where staff from Telford & Wrekin Council will be on hand to answer any questions you may have