The Government has this afternoon announced that new High Alert Tier 2 restrictions will come into place to stop the spread of Covid-19 in Telford and Wrekin.
From 00.01hrs on Saturday 31 October 2020, residents of Telford and Wrekin:
- must not socialise with anybody outside their household or care or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in public
- if you socialise in a group outside it must not be in a group of more than 6, this includes in a garden or park
- work from home if possible
- reduce the number of journeys you take
Further details can be found on Telford & Wrekin Council – Tier 2 and what it means
For the week ending 25 October, in Telford and Wrekin there have been:
- 396 people diagnosed with Covid-19
- The borough’s seven day infection rate is now 220 confirmed cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 of the population.
- For the West Midlands it is 230 per 100,000 and for England 225 per 100,000
- Infection rates in over 60s are up 70% in the last week
- Cases are rising among all age groups
- The majority of cases relate to people in the community
- There are currently 35 people diagnosed with Covid-19 in the Princess Royal Hospital
- In October there have been six Covid-19 related deaths at the Princess Royal Hospital
Help prevent the spread:
- isolate and get tested if you develop any symptoms, however mild.
- reduce contact with others outside your household, including no car sharing to work if possible
- remember to keep your distance when out shopping and wear a mask
- wash your hands regularly
HANDS FACE SPACE
We can get through this together by protecting ourselves, our loved ones and those who are vulnerable.